DIY Pop-Up Card with Fox and Bunny Paddling a Canoe
Celebrate the adventure of love. Enjoy making this pop-up card for your partner in love and life. This printable pop-up card features an adorable fox and bunny sharing a mountain lake canoe paddle. Print and make this pop-up card in minutes. Matching envelope included. Watch the step-by-step video tutorial below.
Size: 5.2 x 4.4 in / 132 x 112 mm (card opens on long edge)
How to Make the Woodland Love Pop-Up Card:
- Print the Template – open the template (.PDF). Print on white cardstock. I find 65lb weight cardstock feeds easily thru most printers and is thick enough to support the pop-up movement. Use the thickest paper your printer can handle.
- Score Folds – with a ruler and your favorite scoring tool, score along all dashed lines on the inner and outer cards. Scoring intents the paper with a groove and guides it where to crease.
- Cut Pop-Up Supports – with a craft knife, cut slits for the pop-up support on the inner card. A cutting mat under your paper will help control the knife while cutting with the blade.
- Cut Out All the Pieces – with scissors, cut out the inner and outer card pieces. Then, cut out the canoe with fox and bunny, the cabin with trees, and the heart number. Be sure to cut within the blue area so no white shows on your final pieces.
- Folding – fold the pop-up supports on the inner card forming four ‘L’ shapes. Then, fold the middle seam on the outer card.
- Attach the Pop-Up Scene – apply glue to the three ‘L’ pop-up supports and attach the cabin, heart, and canoe.
- Sandwich Inner & Outer Cards – apply glue to the back of the inner card and sandwich it inside the outer card. Double check the internal card is not upside down! The outer card conceals the pop-up cutouts for a finished look.
- Make the Envelope – Score along the four dashed lines and crease each fold. Apply glue to the side flaps and seal the lower flap first, then insert the card and repeat for the top flat. Tip: It’s easier to address the envelope before inserting the card.